Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Today in the Studio

I am preparing to make my niece a baby dress and I picked up some Blue Sky "Skinny Cotton Peony" organically grown cotton yarn today from Loop in Philadelphia.  I am currently using a slightly altered version of the Hara Baby Dress from Rosie's Yarn Cellar.  I will post the finished dress later this week...
Every knitter needs a ball winder and a yarn swift!
I finally made myself a needle roll out of scrap fabric. Mine is 16"x24". I just have to sew up the last few inches that I left open to turn the work right-side out.
Here it is closed and tied.  I found the beautiful linen floral upholstery fabric from fabric row in Philadelphia and used it for the tie and to cover some shank buttons.
Here are some Cumulus Caps in different states of construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment